Thanks for the replies guys. To Johnb, I am from Duluth, Minnesota, so since you aren't going to be competition I'll wish you good luck (ha ha)since we are going through the same thing. I'll let you know what happens with mine so that you can have a heads up. CTwireman, I've heard the whole 'it's who knows you' thing many times. It definitely doesn't hurt like you said. I try to keep it all in perspective with the fact that whether it ever happens or not, their bare minimum requirements are finishing high school and having algebra. Alan, thanks for the eye contact idea, its one of those things you don't actively think about and can easily give someone a bad feeling about you if you're looking at the floor, for a variety of reasons. Celtic, I've heard it said that as an apprentice I'll have a job, and then when you make journeyman is when the layoffs come. I'm glad to hear that in your neck of the woods jobs are going to be booming. It's supposed to be pretty good up here for the forseeable future. As to why I want to be an electrician.....isn't the answer always 'doesn't everybody?'