When pulling wire, I've learned that it is easier to go ahead and pull a circuit, if not more, then come back and staple all at once,(that is all except the runs overhead that would hang down in my way). It saves reaching into the nail apron for staples at every pull. I first saw this done by another contractor, and I thought he done a "sloppy job" and was sure it wouldn't pass inspection, until I saw later that he had went back and stapled them. I tried this after that, and seen it worked better for me also. It does look "sloppy" at first, but then after you go back, it looks alright. Also saves staples too, since I usually staple two cables under one staple coming down a "stud". One of many apsects of saving time, especially when working by yourself.
I also found that it is quicker for me to go ahead and stick the romex into the boxes as I pull wire. I usually pull all the wire, before I "cut in", that way I can keep one "action" going, without stopping and starting with different tools. Hope it helps.. Steve .

[This message has been edited by sparkync (edited 02-04-2005).]