We should have a semi-detailed discussion thread regarding Derating and etc. per as many factors which may apply (ambient temperature, number of current carrying conductors per raceway, increased size of conductors for adjustments to various factors, which to count and when, yadda-yadda-yadda).

This information is quite easy to understand, yet is not well understood by some Persons in the Field.

Box fill is another issue to address.

These items are simple things to grasp, but if explained by me... well ... might be more difficult!
[Linked Image]

Scott35

BTW, if this post doesn't make too much sense (i.e. missing some key info.), I am "Rubber-Necking" between the Monitor / Keyboard, and the Angels / Seattle game!
Score as of the bottom of the 8th:
Ana: 4, Sea: 2

Also, there's some dude that has become increasingly more buzzed per inning!
Along with the increased intoxication, is an increased dB voice level; and a correspondingly decrease in proper English Speaking skills (Read: Slurred Gibberish is increasing exponentially!)
[Linked Image]

S.E.T.

p.s. Wanted to add the redundant EGC - as mentioned by Fred (adds a Grounding Conductor to EMT runs) is a very good idea, to assure the Electrical Bonding of Metallic Raceways + Equipment.

Me...

[This message has been edited by Scott35 (edited 09-21-2004).]

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!