Thanks for the welcome, longtime listener, first time caller.

It sounds like the home owner is not receptive to the idea. But I have to keep pushing it as a concern. The issue that I'm having is that I'm not sure if anyone will flag this as an issue (legally, even though you would think otherwise), but at the same time I'm concerned for the safety issues and want it fixed.

The main panel board is new(er) and does not have any evidence of an electrical inspection. It's only bonded to the water service past the meter towards the street. The water heater does not have a proper jumper installed either and there is no ground rod installed anywhere on the property.

I was looking for an opinion from the forum on the state of this and I'm very appreciative of your responses. The property is thought to be late 50's early 60's construction and there has been obvious updating that was done on the down low. While it all looks neat and orderly, it's like they missed major updates to the codebook.

Thanks again for your responses, they are greatly appreciated.

I also have had the house inspected and the inspector did mention the electrical in his findings while doing the inspection but kinda glazed over it a little. One of these, (Well it works) kinda attitudes. I'm still waiting for his official report.

Last edited by Flux; 06/08/12 04:33 PM.