I see this as another business venture, based on the safe aspect of a device and technique developed by the business, and a 'sales pitch' based on safety. Similar to another device on another thread here.

Yes, the OL can be accomplished by a fuse in the plug, and shielded cords are another 'safe' device, along with AFCA, GFCI, TR & WR devices. BUT...how about all the existing devices, plugs-cords, etc that are out in the real world?

Older structures, often within inner cities, will not benefit from this, or most any other technology that is 'new'.

Appliances that are 'existing' will not benefit, now will a person be able to use a 'good' appliance IF they install this device. So, will someone come up with an adaptor, similar to the 3 to 2 for use in 'ungrounded' receptacles??

Cord caps with fuses sure sounds like an easier solution, although there are a lot of 'replacement' cord caps on the shelves, and probably will be available for a long, long time.

A solution? I don't have one, and I strongly doubt anyone else has one that will be foolproof.

Reno, thanks for the link!

John