Originally Posted by brsele
Originally Posted by mr_electrician
Originally Posted by brsele
My biggest complaint with the CSS program is that it's not available to a licensed electrical contractor such as myself. I mean why shouldn't I be able to pay a flat fee per year that covers all maintenance work performed by my company? As long as the work is logged, the ESA can still go every 3 months and pick a random job to inspect, just like they do for a factory.
It's not right that I'm supposed to pull a permit just to go to a commercial building and change one ballast, or one light switch.

Hi, I work in a plant as an industrial electrician. Our inspector comes twice a year. As far as a contractors point of view and having a blanket permit for maintenance, could you not use the ACP program somehow.

The ACP program means that not all of my projects need to be inspected and the permits cost less money. But I still need to pull a permit for all jobs.

Originally Posted by mr_electrician
As well you do not need to pull a permit to change a ballast or a switch. In fact I am sure no permit is required when replacing like for like for items up to 30amps. You are required to pull a permit when you add to, or alter exsisting electrical wiring, on so on.

Yes you do need to pull a permit to change a ballast or switch as per 2-004. The only exception to this rule is outlined in rule 2-005. (For those of you outside of Ontario, please note that these 2 rules are specific to the OESC.)

I disagree. I would never pull a permit to change a switch, receptacle, or ballast on any 120volt circuit rated at 30A or less. Why....because 2-005 says I don't have to. Please show me what rule you are refering to in 2-004 to support your answer.

Never trust an electrician with no eyebrows!!