CSS -continuous safety services is a "open permit" program where you document any electrical work done in your building and then an inspector comes along once a month and looks over your documented work. He then picks a few jobs and inspects them.

My problem with this is acording to the ministry of labour only registered electricians or apprentices can work on electicity yet our inspectors are inspecting work done by untrained maintenance workers.

By doing this, maintenance workers are gaining false confidence and doing more and more electrical work. What happens if one of them gets hurt while working on electrical? Acording to the ministry they're screwed and so is their boss but when you talk to ESA they say "It's a grey area?"

Why is ESA doing this?

For money. They know maintenance workers are out there changing ballasts, replacing broken outlets, etc without a permit. With this program they can now make money off of those situations.

I am tottaly against this, it goes against everything I was taught. I've spoken with the ministry and they agree with me but do nothing. They say they have to catch it while it's happening.

I guess we'll just have to wait untill some one dies before something is done?

Rant over