Funny you should mention the meter board ....

I suppose, once I get settled, that I ought to dedicate a thread just on the topic of trailer park feeds. One of the things I have never liked about meter boards is the way the plywood always delaminates. While it is surprising just how sound old plywood can be, it sure looks like hell.

For this job, that is the reason I made the meter board out of solid lumber. 2x6 tongue & groove to be exact, well sealed with spar varnish. The lumber gives the lag bolts something to bite into, and the T&G construction will ensure that the entire panel warps as one piece.

Later on, the PoCo linesman was a bit too forthcoming to the park maintenance guy .... next thing I knew, I was being quizzed as to why I had done some things that were not required by code. Well, my goodnesss, I got caught exceeding the barest of minimums! He may fret over a few hundred $$$$ extra he spent, but I can sleep better at night. For example, the lumber I used cost about double what the cost of plywood would have been, and there's no code requiring the board to be painted.

I can also see another business thread coming from this; My job = My rules .... and 'flat rate' means you don't get to question my design.