I appreciate your concern. Let's just consider it one of life's "unsolved mysteries" how the city just happened on the scene as the trailer was being set in place, and red-tagged the effort.

When I got the order to 'get moving on this,' my first question was "who's doing the dewer? We ought to do our digging together." I was told plainly that I was just the electrician, and not to worry sbout that 'other stuff.' "Just do the electrical."

Naturally, when I went into city hall, their first question was "where's the site layout, the sewer, etc?" I relayed the customers' instructiobs ... so now my permit application sits in limbo, waiting for the customer to provide the materials he was asked for NINE months ago. Yet, he's in a rush now laugh

I will assemble my expenses to this point, and bill for the work done so far. I've got maybe $500 in this job so far - and that's being kind, as I've had to spend a lot of time in planning this job.

"Customer" is a tough concept in this instance. My "customer" is a very together property management firm ..... it is their customer that actually owns the park. I have a long and cordial relationship with MY customer. I've just had to set things up so that it is clear that the problem is with the actual owner. This owner isn't the first slumlord that the property manager has had to 'manage.'

My asking for a permit has served to focus the City's attention on the property, and thus will prevent the owner from, perhaps, trying to sneak in some hack from out-of-state.

I had thoughts to put this thread in the 'business' section. This story is certainly about the "business" side of the job - and really shows that running a business is a trade all its' own!