Steve,

Thanks for putting that map/chart up on the website here.

I showed that exact one to our client and he very nicely asked what the difference was between a 3.0 in Edmonton and a 5.0 in Phoenix when it came to generation of energy. I couldn't really give a good answer except to tell him that the capture area needed to be a lot bigger. We then sat down and figured out what might be needed and that's why we added the 2 more 93 watt panels and the associated sun trackers. When we added it all up, it meant that we could get just as much energy with 2 more panels here as it might take with 2 panels less in Arizona. We also realized sun trackers were probably NOT needed in Arizona, but as he said, "That's part of doing business north of the 49th parallel".

So far, even in March and some crappy weather/cloudy/snowy days the meter is still running backwards during the daytime and averages up until about 2:30 AM on a previous overcast days. It seems to pick up immediately at sun-up on clear days so far. If it has been clear all day, the system maintains the charge until the next morning, so clear days in late February/early March are good. I don't know how this will work out next November and over the winter when the sun is way below the horizon on the darkest days until about 08:30 and sets about 16:00. We'll just have to see what happens.

I really appreciate the thoughts of all of you too. Your opinions on all the issues are much valued to me.

My only issue now is that I still need to run a regular business but our client is now out actively persuing more folks to convert to solar power and is actively recruiting to have us do the installations.

I'm not too sure I want the extra business.!