Thanks to all for your inputs.

We started the installation, only to have it stalled a bit because the client wanted to have a solar sun tracking system go along with it. That upped the price a bunch. To me, that might not be a "bright" idea since it involves moving parts that are going to need servicing every so often to make sure it's still tracking the sun. (Good for me for the service contract, but not good when it fails unexpectedly).

The solar trackers make installation about $15,000 more for this one and it now seems that the solar panel cost is starting to diminish percentage wise compared to the system cost.

When we worked out the payback time (again) for this installation the clients wife kind of choked a bit, but they are still fairly young and in their early 40's and still want it done, so it will be paid off when they reach the age when their kids are done with their University degrees in 15 years or so.

Meanwhile, the solar panel mounts are proving to be a challenge, as is the annoyance of the City ordinances regarding fire containment for electrical storage "rooms" as it has now become. Unfortunately, there are no unambiguous guidelines from the Canadian Elaectrical Code on solar power battery on-the-grid requirements, so we are kind of winging it from what we can get from other battery room rules and hoping the City AHJ guys can be convinced that we are at least trying.

If any of you here are involved in any of this kind of stuff and the silly complications arise, I'd appreciate your input. Even more so my guys doing the actual work on the outside at minus 15 degrees Calcium (plus 258 kelvin :-)) would really like to know when this "adventure" might come to a successful completion for this customer.