Wow! I'm totally blown!

I'm truly glad y'all have put a screeching (did I hear that?) halt on home study courses. It was tempting, but home study courses are now out to the door! Many thanks!

What's the next step? Mike Holt's books? I'll buy one. Would "Electrical Theory" be a good start?

Some of you have suggested to check in the ads and call electrical contractors for any job openings. Electric Eagle says, 65 people call in one morning for only one position! Holy cow! Talk about desperation out there. Wouldn't it be nice if there were a lack of labor out there so you can get hired right away??? Probably will never happen. :-)

For now, I'm not going to be able to leave my current job because my wife will freak out if I committed economical suicide and then take a pay cut with no benefits. But one way or another, eventually it will probably happen. So the best thing I can do is just hit the books based on your recommendations and learn from it as well as learn from electricians on this board. If any electrical contractor here in the Atlanta area can offer me a part-time job at nights and the weekends, I would be happy to do that as well. This would be the best situation for me for now.

I appreciate all the suggestions and thanks for making me look smarter!

For Electric Eagle:

Indeed, GO DAWGS!!! Hard to believe Dawgs finally are the SEC Champions after 20-year drought?!! Just wait until next year when we become the hated especially from the Vols and Gayturds! I sure like this status! There's nothing more satsifying than seein' Dawgs rubbin' them down to medicory!! I want Coach Mark Richt give them misery for the next 20 years!! Are you with me??!?!?