Welcome jwdDawg! It's great to have another Bulldog on board. Football aside, I'm an electrical contractor in Alpharetta. I'm not looking for any new helpers now, but I probably will be after the first of the year. My suggestion in that you get a job as a helper for an electrical contractor if you really want to change careers. I don't know what type of pay you're used to, but I'm sure you will have to take a step down for a while. For example, in my company we don't pay anyone less than $10 per hour, but if you have little or no experience that's where you'd start. You would be expected to be able to do most task without instruction after a few tries. So, you basically need to hit the ground running, but that doesn't mean you have to master every task the first day, just prove that your competent.

If you're serious, just open the AJC this Sunday and call every electical contractor that is hiring. Somebody will give you a shot, but be patient, the last time we put an ad in the AJC we got 65 calls before lunch on Monday and we only had one position open. Call first thing in the morning and again after lunch if they haven't called you back. Good Luck!