Originally Posted by renosteinke
This thread has been bothering some folks. Let me explain why.

An apprentice with 1 1/2 years of experience would have been mainly bending pipe, pulling wire, etc. If he's lucky, he might install some receptacles. He would not be doing service changes, or trouble shooting. Especially with a problem like this one.

An apprentice has his instructors and employer to ask for advice. Most I've known would like a problem like this to show off their skills.

The OP has not drawn on those resources. I have to wonder why. In the meantime, he needs to recognize that this is beyond his competence - and get some help. ECN is great, but we're not there.

I disagree. Chris21 chose to draw on ECN's resources, and we were there. Many in here like to show off their skills, and it's no different than any other troubleshooting questions that get posted in ECN.

An apprentice with 1.5 years of residential experience should have an understanding of how a basic household distribution system works, the hazards involved, and his limitations. My post was an opportunity for him to use some simple troubleshooting techniques without even picking up a tool. I can't see any harm in that.

Sixer

"Will it be cheaper if I drill the holes for you?"