Well, I read that article by Frank Blau and I can't say I agree with it. None of these arrogent SOB's are going to sit still for a lesson in business management especialy from you.

My experience has been that if you are going to have this problem it's going to come from a customer who is usually wealthy, maybe a business owner, executive or professional. They are used to pushing people around. The amount of money they try to beat you out of is just pocket change to them. It's an ego, being in control thing because they have no respect for you. It's no different than the bully in the school yard when you were the nerdy kid.

They know that you are going to throw in the towel because you don't have the resources and don't want to spend the time and money to defend your position. How many of us have a legal department? Most guys would rather eat $1000 than lein the property and take them to court and that's where the problem is. If you let them push you around the problem only get's worse for everybody.

-Hal