OSHA Professor:

"You make it sound like both a bad thing and a uniquely OSHA concept. Remember OSHA has very little electrical requirements that haven’ t been adopted from NFPA standards. Primarily NFPA 70 (NEC) and NAPA 70 E."

----

That was from my post. However, I _NEVER_ made it sound like a bad thing.

All I made was a neutral observation about how the OSHA was backing up Joe Tedesco's rightful hatred for these improperly made up extension cords.

In fact, when he brought them up initially, I did remark that if I were an OSHA inspector (if there is such a thing), I would flag something like that at a worksite because the outlets can crack, water can leak into the box through the knockouts and the knockouts themselves can break off leaving yawning holes where someone could poke their finger through.

Keep in mind I'm not a professional electrician/inspector, etc. and I am here just because this subject interests me and I would like to learn how to do things safely.

To argue with the pros here (who do this sort of thing for a living) about wiring codes/procedures would be a sure sign of stupidity on my part. [Linked Image]