Let's add a real life senario shall we?

Upon pulling up to my child's daycare (some years ago), the owner stated how her wonderful husband had just installed a wading pool for the kiddies....one of those two foot deep jobs, w/ pool pump motor.

In viewing the this wonderous amenity i noted the pump motor sitting on the deck adjacent to the pool, the toddelers gleefulyy playing 'splash' all around it.

As a matter of fact, it was positioned to fall into the pool quite well on said deck..

Naturally, they had no idea of GFI protection ( no, it was NOT hardwired), nor had they ever HEARD of a GFI....i'm sure the manufacturers instructions alluded to the proper 'local codes' disclaimer......

This in itself screams volumes....

Now one could say, quite the couple of turnips right? But how long have GFI's been around?

So, being of quite the concern, i wired it up properly, no charge, hey it's MY KID in the pool too ..... [Linked Image]

Had i taken the 'offical' route i'm sure there would have been sufficent time passed via bueracracy to possibly make good on this immmenent danger.

Not to mention, i'd be out daycare, and branded more of a prima-donna than i already am.

Point?

~the systems had 30 yrs, it's dfloundering at best.....

~many here can attest to similar situations where we, those in the field , take up the slack

~and finally, should the powers that be ever corner me, remember, YOU OWE ME !

thank you.