Welcome to the forum Ever Ready.

You might like to check the following thread from last year where we discussed the proposed changes:
New UK colour code

We also had a long discussion about different international color codes in general that might be of interest:
International Wire Colour Codes

My position on this is unchanged from last year. Frankly, I see no need for the U.K. to undergo this change just for the sake of "harmonization." Red and black have been associated with line and neutral here for decades (I'm not sure when they were standardized, but certainly back as far as the 1920s).

We've had brown/blue on flexes since around 1970 (with the attendant conflict of colors), so at least the average DIYer is already familiar with the brown/blue scheme. I've often wondered why the IEE didn't adopt the new European colors for fixed cables at the same time for consistency.

Note that the original proposal was that where old and new cables were to be joined colored ID sleeves should be applied at the terminations, but the final version now calls for alphanumeric tags instead (L1, L2, L3, N).

At least the IEE has specified a warning notice at the main distibution panel where both old and new colors are used within an installation, although it will be superfluous for those already familiar with the new scheme and probably ignored by those most in need of a warning!