C-H,
I don't like to throw a spanner in the works as I can see you have put a great deal of thought into this, but for use on a UK ring main system either the plug or socket has to be fused. My reasoning for this would be:
1) Possible overloading of the socket, as I assume that multi-socket adapters & power strips would also be unfused & fed by a 30/32A fuse or breaker. Existing BS types have a 13A fuse to prevent this.
2) No sockets in the first & last 20% of the circuit would be very difficult to achieve in practice and almost impossible for retrofit applications, where sockets are just being replaced with the new standard.
3)You state that a 32A B type mcb will adequately protect a 1.5mm cord, what about the more common 0.75mm cords or even 0.5mm cords still found here?
There is also the problem that an enormous proportion of UK installations still have primitive rewirable fuses "protecting" the circuits, with no rcd protection at all. This situation will persist for some years to come. If a homeowner/diyer decided to change their sockets to the "Neoplug" type on one of these installations, it could be quite hazardous.

I would concede that all these problems disappear if we change to 16/20A radials, but is "Neoplug" better & safer than the existing BS 1363?

Paul,
I suspect you may be in a very small minority of non- North Americans with your preference for NEMA plugs, they always appear slightly flimsy to me (15A 125V type).