Paul,
Had an experience today, with a homeowner,I never wan't to have again.
I was rang on my cellphone from work to go and check some wiring in a house, that had been disconnected by the local Power Board,as the wiring was not up to scratch, when inspected recently.
Upon arriving,I was verbally abused for taking so long to respond to the call(5-10 minutes).
I was then told,by the guy, that I was to simply fill out a Certificate Of Compliance and leave.
Upon, visually inspecting the place,most of the socket outlets were damaged, one light switch was hanging out of the wall, all of the light sockets were either burned out or broken and the Switch-board/Metering had been tampered with, there were no seals left on either of the meters or the ripple relay.
All the while, I was being abused for taking far too long,( Where are you going now?, Why do you need to look at that?, would you PLEASE hurry up, for Christ sake!)
I left the place, listing all of the remedial work required to bring the installation up to Regulation standard,
for my efforts, I was told that I would NOT be doing the work, and I had better not send him a bill for my time spent there, or else.(Go on Bugger Off, he told me, as I reversed down the driveway, at speed.)
How Rude!, I normally laugh these situations off, How would you handle this situation?. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]