Mike: All I want is to remove a lot of the 450 songs in my computer to free up a bit of memory space, can anyone please help?

Greg, it seems that you and Paul are much more "in tune" with Mike's various options. I think we need to consider if our goal is to burn music CDs or to archive music files on CDs. I decided to stick with MP3 files at the 128 kbit rate. I realize that a normal CD player will barf on them. But I outfitted my last car with a Rio portable MP3 player and modulator before ultimately putting a nice JVC in the dash. When shopping around, I found that many players didn't see all 106 songs on my disc. The JVC did and told me I what I was listening to, so I bought it. There is nothing like being able to make an 8 hour drive back home, listenng to your favs on one disk.
My 5 disc changer has just suffered demonic possession, whirling around, opening & closing its drawer. I have my cheapo, plays everthing, DVD player hooked up to the same stereo, so I'm using it for CDs. But right now, I have a jazz MP3 disc with 119 cuts on it, playing some Joe Sample. Since the TV is on, it's showing me the artist, song, album, genre, and year. (The year is just the file date so forgetaboutit) It sure beats "track 15" on the display for an audio CD.
I use "Real Player" to open up my music CDs. If it doesn't automatically, I tell it to "get CD info" fronm the Net. Then I tell it to save the tracks. I just copy the folders I want onto CD-Rs to archive, but also to play on the road or on the good audio system through the cheapo player.
Joe