Trumpy
SLaughter houses are usually called packing plant around here. If you are building a new one, it is a large industrial type of job. When the plant is in operation, it is a pain in the a**. Most electrical work is done when the clean up crew is spraying hot water from fire hoses, is under extreme time pressure to be done now and is done on weekends and at night. Most the plants operate 12-16 hours a day, then have a mandentory clean up time with sterilization of the equipment and food processing areas. Almost all maintence work is done at the same time because it cannot be done while the plant is operating.
If something breaks down during operation all sorts of h*** can break loose. One time the plant I worked in (several years ago) had 825 people on the line stopped becouse the motor driving the line locked up. Two hours to troubleshoot and replace the motor had management in a fit.
I'll take my commercial and new residential work over that any day. Also packing plant do NOT pay much if you are an employee. I have found that they are slow payers for contract work.

ed