Bjarney,

Most important—very thorough testing, as-built documentation and detailed test records.

Ahhh, My most important items too! [include detailed directories and labels for equipment].

On a Non-Related side: I see from other posts that you deal with Medium to High Voltage stuff [proper EE terms!...hee hee].

Per a Q regarding Inductance with Paralleled Feeders [some other thread in the General Discussion area], I was wondering about High Voltage Feeders with Paralleled Conductors and the effects of Inductive Heating, Coupling or other related issues.
The systems I am referring to are the PoCo owned 138 KV, 220 KV and 500 KV [???] 3 Phase 3 wire systems - from Generating Plants to Distribution Yards.
These poles [towers] contain two 3-phase 3 wire circuits "side by side", and each phase has 2 conductors - separated apx. 6".
The poles for circuits >220 KV have only one 3-phase 3 wire circuit [Horizontal], with upto 3 paralleled conductors per phase.

Have noticed paralleled conductors on the "High Voltage DC" feeder, which terminates at SCE's Sylmar yard.

Any info would be great.

P.S. this might be better discussed in a new thread.

Scott S.E.T.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!