Spin the magnet and visualize the way it will cut magnetic fields across the coils.
This is a great way to visualize a delta!

If we remove one coil and rotate one of the remaining 2 coils so that it's 90 degrees from the other coil
Okay!

If we remove one more coil, that leaves only one coil
Okay. This explains why the opposite poles are 180 degrees apart. One is near the north pole of the magnet when the other is near the south pole. I'm fine with all of this. You didn't mention that the magnet is rotating 60 times per second. Anyway, I think it is a great visualization. Now if you would just tell us how to apply it to a Wye configuration, I'd be set.

>>May I ask you to describe, if you know (and it appears that it should be knowable, see below), with respect to the input waveform, is one 90 degrees ahead and one 90 degrees behind, or what?
For this scenario, I have my oscilloscope at the transformer and I am displaying all three waveforms in parallel.]

>From your description, it appears that you are describing a 3 phase wave form.

No, I was not. So please let me try again.

>To have 3 waves and do something with all 3 of them, they could not be 90 degrees offset. One would fall into another when they become 180 degrees offset [one at + peak, another at - peak].
Have you never seen a 'scope that could display waveforms from three inputs in parallel, i.e., as if you had a separate scope for each input?

Given the the primary input (Epri) to a transformer is a single phase and its other terminal is connected to ground, and that the secondary windings are Ea, Eb, and a center tapped neutral and otherwise unloaded.

I wish to compare the phase shift between Ea and Eb. I will see that they are 180 degrees apart. Now I compare the phase shift of Ea with respect to Epri. Are they in sync? 90 degrees apart?

But if you wish, you can forget the 'scopes and relate this back to your example with the rotating magnet... Let's assume that your virtual magnet is being driven by a primary coil... How does the orientation of the virtual magnet map between primary and secondary?

If you tell me this, I think I can figure out the phase shifts myself.

What has me stumped at the moment is that if I actually built this device, I could offset the alignment of the primary and secondary by any arbitrary amount.

But when it is constructed from transformers with stationary cores, I am guessing that perhaps one of the corners on the primary side will have a low to high crossing 0 at the same time one of the corners on the secondary side is doing the same thing. There's the old intuition again.