"Any idea why they didn't spec out elbows, load break or deadbreak? Does the padmount have a oil switch? How is the system fed?"

Well, I am not sure. Like I said this is supposed to be a temporary installation. I did the first phase of this job and the scope that was discussed about this phase and what is really happening is night and day. The job is for a city that a few years ago started its own utility division. The power is feeding a few specific new customers at this site. It does not connect to the are utility grid at all. What I think is happening is politics, budget and time restraints are forcing this temp install so we can go back and build the permanent system under a reasonable construction schedule.

There are a couple 1200KW natural gas generators feeding these transformers at 480V. The transformers step the voltage up to 12.47KV then feed a piece of fused sectionalizing switch gear. From there the feed rises up a pole and runs overhead down the road. Off the pole line the feed runs underground again to a couple of pad mounts that feed the buildings. As I understand it there was supposed to be arrestors on the poles and I am not sure why they are not there. In fact, they have been installed by now. Since I haven't been back I am not sure. (We did not do the overhead work. It was a sub of the GC.)
I do not believe the transformers have oil switches in them, but again I could be wrong. I think this phase is just low budget to get the customers on line and will be gold plated later this year.