A little 'safety' is mandated for almost any trade, yet how it's applied and/or accepted makes a world of difference.
Myself i had gained qualification to train EMS to 1910:1030, among others.
The end result being that managment told me what i wanted to hear, and recruits sat in class (heads bobbing in the affirmantive, eyes focused)then went about repetitive violations and/or acts constituting a collective mentality of a clam.
All very frustrating, moving me to rethink my approach. Scare tactics?, no...Threats of reprimand?...no.....Incentives?...no....i could not , in the end, appeal to thier greed,fear,pride (et all seven deadlies..), they simply had to want it in the first place.
Then i was 'enlightened' by one of many more years than i (snatch the marbles, grasshopper..) , the crux being how people remember material, a certain % of what they hear, a greater % of what they see, a greater % of what they write, and more a % of what they acutally do....

This i call the 'doorknob' approach, being that if you were awakened from a sound sleep , you'd instinctivley turn the first doorknob seen to the right allbeit in a half-sleep stupor.

Of course, the repetitivness is akin to the proverbial 'pack of monkies eventually typing the constitution', or perhaps alludes to chinese water tourture.....but it had worked for me....