I can relate to what you and the people in your company are feeling. I am a senior maintenance tech at a company which has just recently jumped on the saftey wagon. however we use all the employee's to our benifit by there ideas and help with implementing programs and any discussion with possible problems with new programs. our company is very employee orient though and takes all suggestions to heart. the key to implementing any program is to get the employees involved to the point that they feel they are contributing to the cause not just being forced to do one more thing. if you take the guy who is usually complaining and challenge him and put him to work in a constructive way with out forceing him he will more than likely become one of your best assets. one of the biggest problems with american industry today is that we think everyone owes us something granted a company should treat its people with respect but those people in return should treat the company the same. in the long run if we dont work for the company and help them out we don't make any money either. just my 2 cents.