I have seen that often up here in new construction, only difference is the cables are against the stud and not " free-aired" like that... gone are the days where people took time to make it look neat in the wall, houses are not built with "quality" in mind, its all " quantity.. just git it built!"

Wow, all the romex entering under a couple of large connectors?? Not good thats a failure up here for sure!
that second pic where the cables loop over the back of the box and in... not really a violation that I can see but that is the hard way of doing it isn't it???? Like there are K/O's in the bottom of the box right? [Linked Image]

Switch loop that I see, I guess it is a pair of travelers... Up here anyway I always thought you HAD to I.D the white as something elseif its an ungrounded conductor, but I was told in school that "Neutral is ALWAYS white, but white is NOT ALWAYS a neutral"!!
As long as its a 3-way traveller OR the FEED to a switch, it may be white and does not have to be identified... ... I was also told that if you connect a white identified as a hot" to a fixture or device thats also not legal! (phasing tape is also not considered permanent in Canada, coloured heat shrink is!

A.D

[This message has been edited by Rewired (edited 01-02-2006).]