ECN Forum
Posted By: aussie240 How to use a Continental plug in the U.S. - 08/20/08 11:17 AM
I thought he was going to file the round pins flat, but turned out to be more ingenious than that:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Emergency-International-Plug-to-US-Plug-Electrica/
Posted By: pauluk Re: How to use a Continental plug in the U.S. - 08/20/08 10:53 PM
Now if I can just figure out how to do that with a BS1363 plug....... crazy

The picture in the first comment on that page looks rather "interesting" too.
Posted By: IanR Re: How to use a Continental plug in the U.S. - 08/22/08 11:55 AM
The ingeniousness of stupidity never ceases to amaze me!
Posted By: djk Re: How to use a Continental plug in the U.S. - 08/22/08 02:36 PM
Why not just buy a US Sony Ericsson charger?!
They're <$20 and a hell of a lot safer than that mess!

Also, you've got to love the use of 'an international plug' vs a 'US plug'.

Lets hope he/she never visits China where they use US-style plugs on 230V laugh

I gave up trying to figure out ones stupidity. It gives me headaches. However I did enjoy the the electric chair for Barbie dolls on the same page at the link.
Posted By: IanR Re: How to use a Continental plug in the U.S. - 08/25/08 04:21 PM
"However I did enjoy the the electric chair for Barbie dolls on the same page at the link"

Yup, I saw that one too. I just rolled my eyes and didn't even bother to click the link. There are defineately some strange people out there. crazy
Posted By: pauluk Re: How to use a Continental plug in the U.S. - 08/25/08 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by IanR
There are defineately some strange people out there. crazy

But she does look cute in those giant safety glasses..... wink
Posted By: IanR Re: How to use a Continental plug in the U.S. - 08/25/08 06:54 PM
"But she does look cute in those giant safety glasses"

Dang it, now you made me go back and look anyway! laugh
© ECN Electrical Forums