ECN Forum
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Electrical Wiring in an Attic - 05/29/04 10:58 AM
[Linked Image from nachi.org]

Photo Courtesy: Jake
Posted By: Dave55 Re: Electrical Wiring in an Attic - 05/29/04 01:50 PM
With steel prices going through the roof, Bozo Electric is saving where they can (no offense meant Bozo).

Dave
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Electrical Wiring in an Attic - 05/30/04 02:34 AM
Bozo would've at least used a 2G plastic nail-on box! [Linked Image] This almost looks like someone trying to make a spider web!

-Randy
Posted By: DougW Re: Electrical Wiring in an Attic - 05/30/04 02:12 PM
Kinda makes you wonder where the two unconnected NM's are going...
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: Electrical Wiring in an Attic - 05/30/04 03:10 PM
They were spares for the new babies room!
Posted By: git r dun Re: Electrical Wiring in an Attic - 06/18/04 09:35 PM
What a shame,anyone can make electricity work, it takes a professional to do it right
Posted By: e57 Re: Electrical Wiring in an Attic - 06/19/04 09:25 AM
Bad Plumbing doesn't work!

Bad Electrical works until it catches fire!

---------------
The "un-connected" ones a dead shorts! Just a hunch........

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 06-19-2004).]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Electrical Wiring in an Attic - 06/19/04 06:22 PM
Maybe the leaks from the bad plumbing will eventually extinguish the fire caused by the bad wiring.... [Linked Image]

Seriously though, this is probably a universal problem. Change those wirenuts for strip connector blocks and pretend those white wires are red and this could just as easily be in a British attic.
Posted By: e57 Re: Electrical Wiring in an Attic - 06/19/04 10:55 PM
Hi Paul,

I've seen some of the wire terminal you're talking about, one of the Irish guy's had some in his bags left over. I thought they were quite cool. I'd like to see someting like them used here. But are you saying, they are not required to be in a box over there? Tell me that's not so... Anyway, if you could, post some pic's of their proper use, I'd like to see them.
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: Electrical Wiring in an Attic - 06/20/04 04:34 AM
It was "temporary" until they forgot about it...
Posted By: Texas_Ranger Re: Electrical Wiring in an Attic - 06/20/04 09:35 AM
But are you saying, they are not required to be in a box over there?

Well, wirenuts are required to be in a box too... still those on the pics aren't...

[DIY mode]It works! What else do you want?[/DIY mode]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Electrical Wiring in an Attic - 06/20/04 07:49 PM
But are you saying, they are not required to be in a box over there? Tell me that's not so... Anyway, if you could, post some pic's of their proper use, I'd like to see them.
They're supposed to be in a box all right, but I'm afraid that open splices are just as common in England as in America. [Linked Image]

I don't have any pics of correct usage to hand at the moment, but here's an example of how not to do it that I found some time ago. These cables, which apparently used to feed some outlet, were just joined with connectors and stuffed into the wall, which was then papered over!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 06-20-2004).]
© ECN Electrical Forums