ECN Forum
Posted By: pauluk Old heating documents - 01/12/08 03:35 PM
This is mostly stuff relating to boilers, furnaces, radiators, and similar heating equipment, but I know much of it will also appeal to the nostalgic interests of ECN membership. There is even a complete scan of the 1949 Bell & Gossett heating handbook!

http://www.heatinghelp.com/library.cfm

There are some files in the library which do also cross over to electrical matters to some degree. Check the brief history of district steam heating from Detroit Edison's power plants, or the range of thermostats and other heating controls available from Honeywell.

Posted By: Theelectrikid Re: Old heating documents - 01/13/08 02:50 AM
Thanks for passing this along Paul, interesting stuff! Especially (to me) a few on this page:

http://www.heatinghelp.com/library.cfm#Old%20Radiant%20Heating%20Systems

Read the list and you'll be able to tell the ones I like.

Ian A.
Posted By: pauluk Re: Old heating documents - 01/13/08 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by Theelectrikid
Read the list and you'll be able to tell the ones I like.

I thought of you Ian when I saw the Levittown stuff. I had a feeling you'd find those! wink
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Old heating documents - 01/13/08 03:55 PM
I thought of you Ian when I saw the Levittown stuff. I had a feeling you'd find those!

Likewise laugh Levittowns own ambassador right here on ECN wink

Very cool links Paul, I spent a couple hours yesterday just looking at how things were done looong before we came along!

Thank you
Posted By: LarryC Re: Old heating documents - 01/13/08 08:50 PM
Wander over to the Questions area, and you will find threads where people post pictures of there own work. Some of those guys are artists when it comes to installs.

Larry C
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Old heating documents - 01/13/08 10:28 PM
And go figure.... I go to the questions section, and the first thing I click on has electrical violations!!! crazy

look at the top of the panel.... (to start)

Heres the thread it came from

piping adventure
Posted By: Rewired Re: Old heating documents - 01/13/08 11:09 PM
Awesome find!
I am going to have to spend some time and flip through everything! One thing that intrests me as well is how other mechanical systems are / were done back in the day!

A.D
© ECN Electrical Forums