ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54178 - 07/21/05 11:19 AM training courses
Fiona05 Offline
Loc: Grand Cayman,Cayman Islands
Hi there,
Just looking for some info from you all. Having moved from Ireland to the caribbean, as an electrical designer, working for a contractor I am finding the transition, (code wise) a bit tricky.
Can any of you recommend a technical college or such, in the florida region, that have specific short term courses that could help me out?
Failing that, what techincal books would you recommend? While I wont be sitting the electrical licencing exams, I produce the drawings that have to be submitted to building control. And would like to find a way to become more effient at it.
Am I asking too much?
Thanks.
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#54179 - 07/21/05 12:00 PM Re: training courses
earlydean Offline
Loc: Griswold, CT, USA
Mike Holt at mikeholt.com jumps to mind. He works out of Tamarack, Florida and holds seminars all the time.
#54180 - 07/22/05 12:57 AM Re: training courses
Trumpy Offline

Loc: SI,New Zealand
Hi Fiona,
There is a Member here from the Caymans, just can't think of his name.
Ahh, True-Power (Larry).
Can you help mate?.
#54181 - 07/23/05 07:02 PM Re: training courses
zero76 Offline
Loc: olympia
Hi Fiona, and welcome to the forum.
A good source or information is
NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE BLUEPRINT READING.
It has blueprint type illustrations with code references so it's meant to be used in conjunction with a code book.

You can also go through archived electrical plans and learn something there if i understand your question correctly.

For online courses i've heard good things about Bluevolt.com but i can't personally vouch for them. (Has anyone else heard about Bluevolt?).

Good luck,
Zero
#54182 - 07/25/05 04:48 PM Re: training courses
ShockMe77 Offline
Loc: Rahway, New Jersey
I've never heard of Blue Volt before, but I am going to do a search for it right after this. An online course is exactly what I need. Thanks for the tip!

Fiona, I've had nothing but positive experiences ever since I started buying and reading Thomas/ Delmar Electrical books. I don't know everything, but I know a heck of a lot more than I did a year ago, and I've been in the trade for 15 years! Checkout the link and good luck!
http://www.delmarlearning.com/browse_catalog.aspx?cat1ID=ET&cat2ID=NEC

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 53 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 49
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 18
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals