ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 263 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#54178 07/21/05 02:19 PM
F
Fiona05 Offline OP
Hi there,
Just looking for some info from you all. Having moved from Ireland to the caribbean, as an electrical designer, working for a contractor I am finding the transition, (code wise) a bit tricky.
Can any of you recommend a technical college or such, in the florida region, that have specific short term courses that could help me out?
Failing that, what techincal books would you recommend? While I wont be sitting the electrical licencing exams, I produce the drawings that have to be submitted to building control. And would like to find a way to become more effient at it.
Am I asking too much?
Thanks.

#54179 07/21/05 03:00 PM
E
Mike Holt at mikeholt.com jumps to mind. He works out of Tamarack, Florida and holds seminars all the time.

Earl
#54180 07/22/05 03:57 AM
Hi Fiona,
There is a Member here from the Caymans, just can't think of his name.
Ahh, True-Power (Larry).
Can you help mate?. [Linked Image]

#54181 07/23/05 10:02 PM
Z
Hi Fiona, and welcome to the forum.
A good source or information is
NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE BLUEPRINT READING.
It has blueprint type illustrations with code references so it's meant to be used in conjunction with a code book.

You can also go through archived electrical plans and learn something there if i understand your question correctly.

For online courses i've heard good things about Bluevolt.com but i can't personally vouch for them. (Has anyone else heard about Bluevolt?).

Good luck,
Zero

#54182 07/25/05 07:48 PM
S
I've never heard of Blue Volt before, but I am going to do a search for it right after this. An online course is exactly what I need. Thanks for the tip!

Fiona, I've had nothing but positive experiences ever since I started buying and reading Thomas/ Delmar Electrical books. I don't know everything, but I know a heck of a lot more than I did a year ago, and I've been in the trade for 15 years! Checkout the link and good luck!
http://www.delmarlearning.com/browse_catalog.aspx?cat1ID=ET&cat2ID=NEC

Link Copied to Clipboard