ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#38690 - 05/29/04 09:39 PM breakers question
seattleman Offline
Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
Just was wondering how you order breakers for panels. I know that the panel determines the type of breaker. But i was wondering what other information do you gather when ordering a breaker (ei:measurments, date of panel., etc.)Especailly with regard to like 800 amp feeder breakers and the like.
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#38691 - 05/29/04 11:40 PM Re: breakers question
Lostazhell Offline
Loc: Bakersfield, CA (Originally Or...
800A Breakers? Things to look for: Manufacturer, AIC Rating (usually available from the utility), # of poles, voltage, model # of the gear its to be installed in, do you need studs or lugs for connections, do you need shunt trip?... Thats all I can think of right now.. Hope this helps

-Randy
#38692 - 05/30/04 02:20 AM Re: breakers question
aland Offline
Loc: United Kingdom
When it comes to brakers in panels it can be abit of a nightmare. If its of any age very often the manufacturers have stopped producing the model you want. I find it always best to get the build no if possible and get the manufacturer involved from the start. They can fit you up with any conversion kits required. Nothing worse than being on site with everything shutdown only to find that the replacement is slightly diffrent.
Good Luck

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (HotLine1), 81 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
KrmtFrg, Stack, Scotto, Freecrowder, clee512

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals