ECN Forum
Posted By: seattleman breakers question - 05/30/04 04:39 AM
Just was wondering how you order breakers for panels. I know that the panel determines the type of breaker. But i was wondering what other information do you gather when ordering a breaker (ei:measurments, date of panel., etc.)Especailly with regard to like 800 amp feeder breakers and the like.
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: breakers question - 05/30/04 06:40 AM
800A Breakers? Things to look for: Manufacturer, AIC Rating (usually available from the utility), # of poles, voltage, model # of the gear its to be installed in, do you need studs or lugs for connections, do you need shunt trip?... Thats all I can think of right now.. Hope this helps [Linked Image]

-Randy
Posted By: aland Re: breakers question - 05/30/04 09:20 AM
When it comes to brakers in panels it can be abit of a nightmare. If its of any age very often the manufacturers have stopped producing the model you want. I find it always best to get the build no if possible and get the manufacturer involved from the start. They can fit you up with any conversion kits required. Nothing worse than being on site with everything shutdown only to find that the replacement is slightly diffrent.
Good Luck
© ECN Electrical Forums