ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176128 - 03/21/08 04:35 AM Warranties
Obsaleet Offline
Loc: Pa
What type of warranties are you offering to your customers? Are you tracking it and how?

Ob
#176131 - 03/21/08 07:38 AM Re: Warranties [Re: Obsaleet]
Zapped Offline
Loc: Huntington Beach, CA, USA
My standard policy, informal as it may be, is to at least check out the problem and be as helpful as I can be, within reason.

If the error is my fault (on the very rare occasion), sure, I'll take care of it without comment or question, then appologize profusely.

If it's a product problem, that I recommended or supplied on my decision, I will replace it within a year or so.

If it's some cheap product that the client insisted on, then I will have to charge them for everything, although I may cut them a slight deal on labor to keep them happy.

In this economy, you are forced to be a lot more polite and "reasonable", even beyond what you would normally find "reasonable".

I find my self having to decide if it's more advantagious to lose a bit on iffy warranty work, or risk losing a customer or their possible refferals.
#176163 - 03/23/08 07:10 AM Re: Warranties [Re: Zapped]
Obsaleet Offline
Loc: Pa
Thats the way I have been doing things. I am just thinking it time to be a bit more formal. Possible use it as a marketing tool. For example, if I track it well it will give me an opportunity to contact the customer and "say your 1 year warranty is up is everything good". This I think will leed to oh while your here can you have a look at (fill in the blank). Thats why I thought I would ask the ECN family what they thought?

Ob
#176168 - 03/23/08 09:51 AM Re: Warranties [Re: Obsaleet]
gfretwell Online   content

Loc: Estero,Fl,usa
I think I would bump up the warranty a bit for every customer they referred. If somebody kept my phone ringing with good leads I would warranty the light bulbs wink
#176224 - 03/26/08 05:30 AM Re: Warranties [Re: gfretwell]
Zapped Offline
Loc: Huntington Beach, CA, USA
That's a good rule Greg. This shows why it's always good to be courteous when you deal with customers, and to be courteous when you ARE the customer. I am so much more likely to go beyond what is expected of me when a customer is nice, polite, and thankful.

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 70 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Scotto, Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals