ECN Forum
Posted By: Obsaleet Warranties - 03/21/08 11:35 AM
What type of warranties are you offering to your customers? Are you tracking it and how?

Ob
Posted By: Zapped Re: Warranties - 03/21/08 02:38 PM
My standard policy, informal as it may be, is to at least check out the problem and be as helpful as I can be, within reason.

If the error is my fault (on the very rare occasion), sure, I'll take care of it without comment or question, then appologize profusely.

If it's a product problem, that I recommended or supplied on my decision, I will replace it within a year or so.

If it's some cheap product that the client insisted on, then I will have to charge them for everything, although I may cut them a slight deal on labor to keep them happy.

In this economy, you are forced to be a lot more polite and "reasonable", even beyond what you would normally find "reasonable".

I find my self having to decide if it's more advantagious to lose a bit on iffy warranty work, or risk losing a customer or their possible refferals.
Posted By: Obsaleet Re: Warranties - 03/23/08 02:10 PM
Thats the way I have been doing things. I am just thinking it time to be a bit more formal. Possible use it as a marketing tool. For example, if I track it well it will give me an opportunity to contact the customer and "say your 1 year warranty is up is everything good". This I think will leed to oh while your here can you have a look at (fill in the blank). Thats why I thought I would ask the ECN family what they thought?

Ob
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Warranties - 03/23/08 04:51 PM
I think I would bump up the warranty a bit for every customer they referred. If somebody kept my phone ringing with good leads I would warranty the light bulbs wink
Posted By: Zapped Re: Warranties - 03/26/08 12:30 PM
That's a good rule Greg. This shows why it's always good to be courteous when you deal with customers, and to be courteous when you ARE the customer. I am so much more likely to go beyond what is expected of me when a customer is nice, polite, and thankful.
© ECN Electrical Forums