ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#171419 - 11/27/07 05:29 PM learning software
wacked Offline
Does anybody have any experience with any of the software available for electrical troubleshooting? Koldwater or V3?
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#171582 - 12/01/07 06:21 AM Re: learning software [Re: wacked]
KJay Offline
Loc: MA, USA
I had Koldwater’s older version of Motor Control Tutor from around 1999/2000. I think it came bundled with some other PLC or VFD Tutor software and the old version of Constructor, their ladder diagram building software. I thought the software was neat and the interactive diagrams made it easy to understand the sequence of events by seeing what takes place with things like the Star-Delta and two-step part-winding starters. Much more interesting than reading a plain black and white Audel’s Electric Motors book or squinting at pages in the American Electrician’s Handbook. I remember saying to myself after using one of the tutor programs for the first time, “these guys nowadays have it made.”
Their software was a little pricey even back then, but I think if you have the coin, it would be a good investment in yourself.
Have you checked to see if you can download some trial versions of the stuff your interested in before purchasing?

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 51
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 17
Trumpy 16
Ruben Rocha 13

Newest Members
clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2, sureshazhagai

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals