ECN Forum
Posted By: wacked learning software - 11/28/07 01:29 AM
Does anybody have any experience with any of the software available for electrical troubleshooting? Koldwater or V3?
Posted By: KJay Re: learning software - 12/01/07 02:21 PM
I had Koldwater’s older version of Motor Control Tutor from around 1999/2000. I think it came bundled with some other PLC or VFD Tutor software and the old version of Constructor, their ladder diagram building software. I thought the software was neat and the interactive diagrams made it easy to understand the sequence of events by seeing what takes place with things like the Star-Delta and two-step part-winding starters. Much more interesting than reading a plain black and white Audel’s Electric Motors book or squinting at pages in the American Electrician’s Handbook. I remember saying to myself after using one of the tutor programs for the first time, “these guys nowadays have it made.”
Their software was a little pricey even back then, but I think if you have the coin, it would be a good investment in yourself.
Have you checked to see if you can download some trial versions of the stuff your interested in before purchasing?
© ECN Electrical Forums