Register Now!

Register Now!

We want your input!

Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Recent Posts
Calling all Non-US members!! (Non-US only)
by aussie240
12/07/16 02:39 AM
Photo Upload Tutorial
by DanK
12/06/16 11:35 PM
Sprinklered equipment 26-008
by bigpapa
12/02/16 04:24 PM
On Delay Relay with Auto Reset
by Potseal
12/01/16 09:59 AM
Wow, that was close!
by jraef
11/28/16 07:06 PM
New in the Gallery:
12.5A through 0.75mm˛ flex (just out of curiosity)
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
gfretwell 13
HotLine1 9
Texas_Ranger 8
sparkyinak 7
Trumpy 6
Who's Online
1 registered (aussie240), 177 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#141276 - 07/12/04 02:00 PM U.K. Regulator calls for standardized electricity bills
pauluk Offline

Loc: Norfolk, England
 Quote:
Gas and electricity suppliers should standardise billing to help consumers, says energy regulator Ofgem.

The energy regulator for England, Scotland and Wales wants bills to be clearer and more informative.

Full story here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3882131.stm

Test Equipment:

Large Selection of Test Equipment For Electrical, HVAC, Test & Measurement
Large Selection of Test Equipment For Electrical, HVAC, Test & Measurement

#141277 - 07/14/04 10:32 AM Re: U.K. Regulator calls for standardized electricity bills
uksparky Offline

Loc: UK
 Quote:
The energy regulator for England, Scotland and Wales wants bills to be clearer and more informative.

Cheaper would be nice too!

It's probably the 'more informative' bit that makes them so confuzzing for your average person. With estimated/self-read/official-read/internet-reported/telephone-reported options on the readings etc. it's not a wonder most people go into a red haze when they get the bill!

They could be a lot better laid out I suspect...

#141278 - 07/14/04 12:14 PM Re: U.K. Regulator calls for standardized electricity bills
aland Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I agree with you UK. Im realy only interested in the bottom line!! The trouble with all these things when they make them simpler to understand they always have to be rounded up a couple of digits. It must be something in the accounting software that does it.

#141279 - 07/19/04 02:25 AM Re: U.K. Regulator calls for standardized electricity bills
pauluk Offline

Loc: Norfolk, England
I really don't think most electricity bills are that difficult to understand.

They generally show the previous and current meter readings, number of units used, cost per unit, total amount, standing charge, and VAT. What else is needed?

I'll have to concede that just recently there seems to have been a lot of unnecessary format changes though, as the companies have gone through ownership changes. BT has been changing formats of bills for telephone service at similarly regular intervals recently. My water bill still looks exactly the same as when I moved here 7 years ago, however, so at least that's something.

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 07-19-2004).]

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals