ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
P
pauluk Offline OP
Gas and electricity suppliers should standardise billing to help consumers, says energy regulator Ofgem.

The energy regulator for England, Scotland and Wales wants bills to be clearer and more informative.

Full story here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3882131.stm

U
The energy regulator for England, Scotland and Wales wants bills to be clearer and more informative.

Cheaper would be nice too! [Linked Image]

It's probably the 'more informative' bit that makes them so confuzzing for your average person. With estimated/self-read/official-read/internet-reported/telephone-reported options on the readings etc. it's not a wonder most people go into a red haze when they get the bill!

They could be a lot better laid out I suspect...

If hindsight were foresight, we'd all be millionaires!
A
I agree with you UK. Im realy only interested in the bottom line!! The trouble with all these things when they make them simpler to understand they always have to be rounded up a couple of digits. It must be something in the accounting software that does it.

P
pauluk Offline OP
I really don't think most electricity bills are that difficult to understand.

They generally show the previous and current meter readings, number of units used, cost per unit, total amount, standing charge, and VAT. What else is needed?

I'll have to concede that just recently there seems to have been a lot of unnecessary format changes though, as the companies have gone through ownership changes. BT has been changing formats of bills for telephone service at similarly regular intervals recently. My water bill still looks exactly the same as when I moved here 7 years ago, however, so at least that's something.

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 07-19-2004).]

Link Copied to Clipboard