ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#127639 - 09/05/01 03:31 PM Discussion for:Rectifier Schematic- 1 phase full wave
Scott35 Offline

Broom Pusher and
Loc: Anaheim, CA. USA
Discussion thread for: Rectifier Schematic - 1 phase full wave

Feel free to make comments here!!!

Scott SET
Tools for Electricians:
#127640 - 09/05/01 07:23 PM Re: Discussion for:Rectifier Schematic- 1 phase full wave
spkjpr Offline
Loc: Sedalia,MO, USA
Looks like a brute force supply. I'm more used to a design that uses a voltage regulator IC. Seems more like an older design and would be cheaper to build. I'm more of an electronics type(AAS in Electronics Tech).
#127641 - 09/06/01 05:36 PM Re: Discussion for:Rectifier Schematic- 1 phase full wave
Scott35 Offline

Broom Pusher and
Loc: Anaheim, CA. USA
spkjpr:
Yes, it is very brute force!!! Very basic in design and simple to make - only the thing is as lossy as a bucket with holes in it!

Want to talk brute force... I have some old drawings of AC line filters, which are really brute force. Values per L and C are not too critical, the inductors were to be home made radials, wound on a dowel rod with 18 awg magnet wire.
Made the drawings back in 1986 from something I saw in a book. Redrew them as excercises in AutoCAD.

The Rl is to load the circuit to around 10% for crude regulation.

Glad to see more Electronics based persons joining the group!!! Feel free to throw in as much info you want to - the rest of the group will be happy for any and all you can contribute [plus not having me babbling to them will certainly make them happy ].

Minus the Rl, and this PI filter is somewhat common to high power filters. Saw many of them recently for use with high power UPS equipment [see the transformer photos posted in this section, apx. April or May of this year].

Scott SET

P.S. Time for more advanced circuitry, isn't it???

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 45 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals