ECN Forum
Discussion thread for: Rectifier Schematic - 1 phase full wave

Feel free to make comments here!!!

Scott SET
Looks like a brute force supply. I'm more used to a design that uses a voltage regulator IC. Seems more like an older design and would be cheaper to build. I'm more of an electronics type(AAS in Electronics Tech).
spkjpr:
Yes, it is very brute force!!! Very basic in design and simple to make - only the thing is as lossy as a bucket with holes in it! [Linked Image]

Want to talk brute force... I have some old drawings of AC line filters, which are really brute force. Values per L and C are not too critical, the inductors were to be home made radials, wound on a dowel rod with 18 awg magnet wire.
Made the drawings back in 1986 from something I saw in a book. Redrew them as excercises in AutoCAD.

The Rl is to load the circuit to around 10% for crude regulation.

Glad to see more Electronics based persons joining the group!!! Feel free to throw in as much info you want to - the rest of the group will be happy for any and all you can contribute [plus not having me babbling to them will certainly make them happy [Linked Image]].

Minus the Rl, and this PI filter is somewhat common to high power filters. Saw many of them recently for use with high power UPS equipment [see the transformer photos posted in this section, apx. April or May of this year].

Scott SET

P.S. Time for more advanced circuitry, isn't it??? [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums