ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 159 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
On Ya Ryan! [Linked Image]

On the subject of movable storage, I once made up a mobile tools/parts wagon for my mate out of a sack barrow and a few Stanley tool holders, with the Pull out shelves on the bottom and smaller draws above.
I wish I could get a pic of it, but he won't let me near the thing these days.
I must have built the thing too well.
A lesson for the future, 12 holes, 4 rivets. [Linked Image]

R
Code book, knife, fork, spoon, and can opener, (you gotta eat [Linked Image]) everything else is optional. [Linked Image]

Roger

S
My Peak LED Solutions 3-LED, Ultra-high brightness, lug-style, 1-AAA Matterhorn flashlight that always lives on my keychain. Mine has a brass body, with a stainless steel head.

Loaded with a lithium AAA battery, that baby throws an amazing amount of light for something so small.

This picture is pretty close to mine, except mine has a stainless steel head: http://www.peakledsolutions.net/images/AAA3BLw.JPG

The light's at this page: http://www.peakledsolutions.net/aaa_3LEDBL.html

[This message has been edited by SolarPowered (edited 04-27-2006).]

E
e57 Offline
"e57, what do you use the impact driver for?"

You are getting one for free, I want to know of this deal - a decent one is $200!

Screws! You can drive 1/4X3 lags all day, for 2 or 3 days on a single charge if you want. Or, #8-#10X1 1/4" for mounting boxes for better part of a week. Put the drill away, it is not a screw gun, an Impact driver is.... In a pinch for a quick hole toss a spade bit with a 1/4 hex in it. "Tacka, tacka, tacka," is the sound of work being done.

Bob, a guy I worked under years ago, had a policy that that the first guy on site picked the station - if he heard and fight over it he'd throw it off the site. One day he heard one, and in a rage, launched a boom box from the 4th floor. It took a wild bounce off the scaffold and flew out to the street, and hit the fender of a cop car going by. Oooo, that was a funny day....

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 04-27-2006).]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
B
My Klein Romex stippers that cut the cable jacket. Easily the best $20 I've ever spent on a non-essential tool (i.e.: not lineman's or screwdrivers or something).

e57,
The only impact driver I've ever used was an 18V cordless made by Rigid, but I was not at all impressed. I could get one heck of a lot more torque a whole lot faster with my regular ol' Dewalt cordless.

What brand do you use that's driving 3" lags?

-John

J
Saftey glasses zipper case mounted to the partition in the van. 2 reasons one is likely to not throw a pair on.

1. don't know where they are and don't feel like digging.

2. they are too scratched up.

This cures both.

E
e57 Offline
All the torque is in the impact, unless you measure torque by wrist stress.
1/4 drive Dewalt 14.4 Impact
Max. Torque 1,150 in-lbs**1/2" drive has more on any voltage model.
Tool Weight 4.1 lbs
(I put in 14 Simpson hold-downs that have ~20 4" lags each - one charge, no problem)

Dewalt 18v Drill

Max. Torque 500 in-lbs
Tool Weight 5.9 lbs

Anyway, I got mine in a promotional deal a while back, and have not seen this price since. If I see it again, I'll snatch up a few.

Dewalt 14.4 Hammer-drill, 14.4 Impact, 2 batteries, charge, and bag for ~$220
(Each by itself is about that price....)
http://www.toolup.com/productinfo.asp?pid={52E6EB21-4939-4340-8496-A6FABCB4ED6E}

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 04-29-2006).]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
E
I especially like to have my 1/8 inch fiberglass rods for fishing attics, walls and t-bar ceilings, 12' and 20' length of steel ball chain and a rare earth magnet again for fishing walls and two sizes of Flex Bits for drilling into awkward locations.

Of course the usual cordless 18V tool kit with saw-z-all, Circ saw, Flashlight, and Cordless Drill and a couple extra batteries.

N
Klein 10-in-1 screwdriver.
Minimag flashlight (2AA)
Fluke volt-tick.

When snaking wires, I like to have a really long (12" or more) 1/8" twist drill. Handy for predrilling holes to check for location/obstacles before breaking out the big drill.

If it accidentally breaks through a plaster wall or something else, at does much less damage.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard