ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 60 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#59878 12/19/05 07:09 AM
S
Thanx for the replies...

Oxidation, then verdigris must take a long time to eat through copper wire, wouldn't it Trumpy?

Is there an additional element that contributes to the acceleration of verdigris besides water and oxygen?

Don, I remember reading another thread with those connectors being suggested. I did a search but couldn't find which thread. You and others were discussing the wires connection at the top of a pole at the transformer without a driploop and water entering the wire. Do you know the link to this thread?

thanx

shortcircuit

#59879 12/19/05 08:13 AM
R
Shortcircuit,
That thread was in the Mike Holt forum. Think this is the one.
Don

Don(resqcapt19)
#59880 12/22/05 01:30 AM
R
It aint good for the wire or the devices downstream. The copper goes dark and can cause high resistance terminations.

In Auckland with OHUG conversions from the last 15 years, sometimes drip loops were not provided and water gets in the actual cablecores, via the linetap, corrodes the copper and in case of 3 phases blows up the main switch PDL/HPM 60 or 80 Amps versions where the phases are quite close together.

Also problems with direct connections to Sangamo S 200.16 and 31 meters which have alloy terminations and water will corrode the terminals and cause a phase to neutral flashover, BANG !! fuse gone, power off in the house. sometimes the green gooiee stuff comes out of the earlier TPS cables as a warning of problems ahead.

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard