ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Bob:
Things are well, except for the HHH, hazy, HOT & humid.....hit 105.3 at jobsite Sat.

The rod thing is 310+/- that have to come out! From gens, tents, lite towers, etc., at the PGA Championship. Can't have a rod catch a fairway mower now, can ya???

We're going to try an old Klien cable grip,(Chicago) with a web sling, or a chain...and a R/T forklift.

See ya

John

John
E
e57 Offline OP
Conduit measuring tape, GB ST40 for heavy wieght, TT31 for light wieght. I Use a few rolls of light wieght stuff on larger conduit jobs blown/sucked through. (Vaccum or compressor for med lentgh, both for long runs.)
http://www.gardnerbender.com/Products/product_list/pdf/01GB_FISHINGHANDLING.pdf
(Bottom of page 12)

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
Personally I'd like to have an Apprentice that would turn up on time at 5am.
If I can.......

C
Footage (or half metre) markings on wire, so you can easily calculate how much wire was used on a job. That or an on-site off the roll wire printer which can be programmed for that, and wire numbering as well.

Switches, especially 3-way, in the form of: https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/006219.html
Not for the benefit of rough/finish electritians, but for the home owner, so they can replace the switch without ruining connections.

4 wire cable, and 2 and 3 wire made for switch loops (with blue in addition to, or instead of white).

Plug in ceiling/wall light fixture fitting, for the same reason of the plug-tail recepticle/switch.

NEMA 3A dimmable incandescent lighting recepticle configuration.

N
Picture something like an X-10 appliance module, but with two screw terminals. Short the terminals, and the internal relay closes and energizes whatever load is plugged in.

The module contains an internal class-2 power source, so nearly anything can be connected connected to the low-voltage, low-current terminals: a magnetic reed switch, a float switch, a pendant switch, a floor mat switch, whatever.

Quite possibly overkill for most applications, but such a beast IS manufactured for interfacing 120VAC wiring to intrinsically safe switch loops in hazardous areas. 3 screw terminals on the 120 side (line,load, neutral), and 2 terminals on the control side that energize the load when shorted together. Here's one manufacturer's version,which I have installed a few of:
http://www.gemssensors.com/SpecTemplateStandard.asp?nProductGroupID=152

J
NJW, thank you for the pointer. It's not quite the plug-in device I was looking for, but it's definitely something I'll file away for future use.

L
You all seem to want a ground rod puller I want a ground rod that I can hook up to the hammer drill so I can get in past the hard pan around here. I get tired of jack hammering a ground rod in 6' and having it stop there. A hardened end and drill tip I could get it all the way down. Before I get bashed there is not a place in San Diego that you can get the proper OHM reading on a ground rod; it is to dry/sandy/sandstone. Rod (who spent 6hrs beating a dead horse because the boss is from New York)

L
Spline or SDS-MAX?

Larry Fine
Fine Electric Co.
fineelectricco.com
B
Rod, I've thought the same thing, ground rods with hardened tips and SDS shafts would sell great here in Arizona. How about welding up a rig 8 feet long with a bit on the end, then just pre drill the hole first before pounding in the rod? You could fill the hole with water first.

E
e57 Offline OP
They make Rod Driving attachments in both Spline, and SDS. Sometimes a rotohammer, even some of the larger ones dont have the drive or throw to get past rocky soils. On occassion I have used a 40LBS Demo Hammer/ Jack Hammer, and I figure if it wont go down with that, it wont. Its only slightly unwieldy getting up the ladder with it.

Hey! Here's an idea, maybe Hilti could make a Powder Actuated Rod Driver. Using belted .50 HP shells in full auto. Na, that could be dangerous.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard