ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 560 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Nice work Roger! Norm would be proud. I like the New Yankee Workshop too but I love the originator of all these diy shows, This old House. It would be safe to say I have seen every episode ever filmed from day one in 1979 when I was only 9 years old. Today I still never miss an episode and my 4 and 8 year old boys are always right there with me. Cap't Al reminded me, Red Sox! How could I forget. I guess I don't think of them as a "TV Show".

H
Law & Order CSI and CNN HLN or Fox News with a good lookin newsbabe

Nice is an understatement Roger, those look top notch craftsmanship. Superb. Are you using polyurethane finishes?

British TV shows I liked were;
The Two Ronnies, Monty Python, The Young Ones.

I also watch Norm and TOH on satelite. I like these shows because of lots of content and no crappy music. A few years ago, TOH had another presenter I liked, Bob Vila I think? but we don't get him on satelite now.

And not to forget Taxi.
Alan

Wood work but can't!
Cat Servant
I might enjoy a show called "This Old Electrician" on the Sparx channel :-)

R
Thanks Scott and Alan. Scott I agree with you about This Old House, it is still one of my favorites.

"Threadjack"

Alan, yes I do use polyurethane finishes.

On the Slant top desk, I used a stain/polyurethane combo with two final coats of clear polyurethane, while on the sewing table I used a traditional stain with two coats of clear polyurethane.

I really like using foam brushes for polyurethane finishes.

"End of Threadjack" [Linked Image]

Roger

R
Reno, that's a pretty good idea. [Linked Image]

Roger

L
I've been known to watch ncis and cold case files.
I try to catch this old house reruns. I have to run from the room when the wife tunes into survivor and the like !

[This message has been edited by luckyshadow (edited 06-19-2005).]

P
I'm always watching cartoons... Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, Tom & Jerry, Looney Toons.... what can I say, I'm a kid at heart. I also watch Drew Carey, Red Green [Linked Image], SNL, Monster house.... and pretty much anything on PBS, Discovery, and The Learning Channel.... However, the last two not as much since they mostly show stuff like design on a dime.... I'd rather watch a special on whales or something.

My all-time fav TV show is "Coach"!!

Jerry Van Dyke (now shilling for a discount store chain) pounding on the cabin door yelling "Hayden, Hayden, Hayden..." over and over again always gets me rolling.

And Craig T. Nelson (He was dad in "Poltergeist") going "Jeeeeze!" when he gets caught by his fiance (the incredibly lovely Shelly Fabares) is good for a laugh.

Also like M*A*S*H, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, a lot of the Discovery channel series'....

The Simpsons...Doh!

"American Chopper" hits close to home.. in the late '80's I worked for a company building film projectors which was EXACTLY like the shop on the show!! The dad was a grouch with incredible talent, the son was a doofus with a flair for his work, there was a lot of cussin' and fightin' going on... "Chopper" is only missing the beautiful yet uptight daughter and stern wife to be a perfect duplicate.

A recent set of "American Hot Rod" featured a car commissioned by a client of mine, V. Hildebrandt.

Stupid should be painful.
G
The last thing I want to watch is teenagers complaining how bad they got it.

You should consider your self lucky then. I hear this everytime I go to school. I am the oldest apprentice in my class and one of two that are married. And I'm only 28.

The best was during tax time when all those that live at home with mommy and daddy were talking about what they were gonna do with their refunds. All of them were talking about ways to *tinkle* it away. One said he was gonna put rims on his truck. I was just hoping we would get a refund back.

Must be nice to live your life like they do on those reality shows.

"If common sense was common, everyone would have it"-not sure, someone here

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard