ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
240V only in a home and NEC?
by gfretwell - 05/12/24 01:44 PM
Electricians revenge
by gfretwell - 05/09/24 08:24 PM
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (winnie), 153 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Hey guys,
Let's make this discussion interesting. Suppose the panel is full, no available spaces at all. Now do we add the cost of a subpanel or a service change into the equation...? And just for kicks, lets say this panel is inside a finished wall...

E
This is turning into a big job so I guess now it would be ok to ignore the code and do what ever is easiest.

H
Bob,

How are your guys, that worked down here doing? If you see Andy and Gary, Tell them that I quit that job at Cedar Crest. Again I go with "Common Sense", I did things in that town that was common sense but my boss didn't like it. We would butt heads all the time. The Plumbing AHJ and I both quit but enough about that. As I said, in NJ there is a "Rehab" code which allows people (HO and EC) to get away with a lot of things in older buildings. There is some good and some bad things in that code as well. Under the situation where you would have to rip open walls in order to meet the NEC, or else put the new recptacle on an existing line, well I would go with the existing circuit. Just my 2 cents.

S
HLCbuild
Mow it down and build a real house! Its the only option.

Rob

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard