ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 516 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Yes George, I would like to hear this too.

I would like to hear how federal courts would even have anything to do with us unless we cheated the IRS. [Linked Image]

-Hal

B
BigB Offline OP
Sorry I should not have called them homeowner packs, that was just what I was calling them for lack of the actual name. I see they are called valu packs and contractor packs.

M
Hi,
Hey BigB, I knew what you were talking about and was just making sure what they were called since I had never seen any called "homeowner packs". I would not be surprised if there are actually "Homeowner Packs" out there somewhere!

I have seen "Apartment Packs" as well as "Contractor or Valu Packs".

They throw in sets of the most common breakers but usually just a handfull.

I have never done the math to see if they are really a bargain or not.

Thanks for the info.

regards

Greg

H
Sorry I should not have called them homeowner packs, that was just what I was calling them for lack of the actual name.

Geeze, thanks a lot. I got my blood pressure up for nothing! [Linked Image]

-Hal

R
I have the perfect bumper sticker on my truck

Wiring is no hobby hire an electrician

See guy's this is where we can help the world as wiring gods :-)
we are here to help those when they fail
Just one point on E.C. w/ a lic.
just because the owner of the firm has one
does'nt mean the rest of the crew has one here in NY.
I can remember days when I made mistakes that the inspecter said hey dummie
Or have you ever been back to a house and said dam who wired that mess, and later that day
It hits you wow I did this when I was young and dumb

N
Solarpowered
The local codes restricting MC and AC came into effect because of problems and the inspectors choice to try and solve them.
George
Any one who thinks I am going to dig them out of a hole for free can guess again. This clown like all too many others thought he could do electrical work because " It is not hard and you electricians charge too much."

ed
L
rhiphi -
where did you get the bumper sticker ?

G
hbiss ---

Federal courts are the choice of venue for my lawyer. The situation goes along the line of ...

A homeowner does electrical work, the AHJ refuses to inspect unless all the work is removed and installed by a licensed professional, and no licensed professional willing to go against the inspector.

Lawyer looks at the situation and realizes that he can recover his fees by going to federal court, and in his brief argues 1) work is inspected so there is no public safety issue that requires a licensed professional, 2) requiring the existing work to be removed is unreasonable, 3) no licensed professional is willing to do the work.

At this point a wise AHJ issues a permit to the homeowner, offers to pay legal fees and a lot of money to keep the whole thing quite.

S
Federal courts are the choice of venue for my lawyer.
This has happend in your world? How many times has your lawyer gone to federal court for you?
I must say, I have never heard of such a scenario, then again I am not a big city boy.

You must do some business to have a lawyer of such stature.

Speedy Petey

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
H
I didn't think you could even file such an action in federal court and if you could they would want to waste their time on it. Seems to me that's what local and state courts are for.

I'll consult with my attorney and see what he says.

Oh, by the way, anybody see any other problems with this guy's story? I see lots but then I don't spin things like a laywer.

-Hal

[This message has been edited by hbiss (edited 02-04-2005).]

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard