ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 565 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#41651 09/05/04 01:40 PM
I
Bennie was no DIYer.

I can not begin to tell you all about Bennie but I will tell you a bit.

Pilot, USMC, Electrician, Inspector, Boxer

He worked on the US military atomic projects, the military had him on the Antarctic, Europe, the bikini islands.

My comment about the bucket of dirt would be a typical Bennie answer when some one would say electrical systems need an earth reference to operate.

I learned to think outside the box about the electrical trade from Bennie.

I think many of us look at the way we do things as the only safe way, well there are other ways to do things.

Grounding was a hot topic for Bennie.

I had great respect for him, he has now past away.

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
#41652 09/05/04 02:39 PM
P
I hadn't realized that Bennie was no longer with us. [Linked Image]

I made his acquaintance via that other forum shortly after joining ECN, and exchanged some ideas with him for quite a few months, especially relating to the different grounding and bonding systems that are used in different parts of the world. (And was there anywhere in the world that Bennie had not visited?)

I guess it must be almost a year since I'd last heard from him. Sorry to hear the sad news.

#41653 09/05/04 03:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Here is a topic that hits close to home.
I P.M.ed a large remodel / tenant finsh for Ratheon here in Denver. An apprentice who worked for me at that time filled out an application to go "On the Ice" (Ratheons term for anyone who goes to the South Pole.) He ended up going down for a six month project. I recently talked to him and he said it was quite the adventure but that doing tenant finish at McMurdo was no different than doing a government spec tenant finish here in Denver. He said the best part was the month after which he spent wandering around New Zeland.

[This message has been edited by kentvw (edited 09-05-2004).]

#41654 09/05/04 06:56 PM
D
Dallas Offline OP
I apologise if my comments were off base about Bennie. I managed to take the few references and comments way out of context. I assumed, and we all know the results of assuming.

He sounds like he was an interesting fellow. Was he a "free spirit"? I've known a couple of guys like that, and they definitely weren't family type people. Great people, just had no time for family.

#41655 09/05/04 06:57 PM
D
Dallas Offline OP
I apologise if my comments were off base about Bennie. I managed to take the few references and comments way out of context. I assumed, and we all know the results of assuming.

He sounds like he was an interesting fellow. Was he a "free spirit"? I've known a couple of guys like that, and they definitely weren't family type people. Great people, just had no time for family.

#41656 09/05/04 08:06 PM
S
Bennie was a free thinker

when others ran, he walked...

his style on the old IAEI bb, as well as many others was unique

~S~

[This message has been edited by sparky (edited 09-05-2004).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard